Roasted Pumpkin Seeds




After going to the pumpkin patch on Sunday, we started carving our pumpkins. The hubby is the only one who has finished his. He made Blue's Clues face for Darlin' to enjoy. And boy does she!

I think my favorite part of carving pumpkins is not the actual carving or the glowing picture that get's created with a candle's light.... but the result of yummy pumpkin seeds!!! This time I tried a new recipe. Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds found HERE. I did it slightly different because I let my seeds air dry on parchment paper for a bit over 24hrs. So, I didn't have to do the initial 50-60 minutes of oven drying time.


If you want to make some yummy pumpkin seed, feel free to follow along.


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups fresh dried pumpkin seeds
  • 2 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon


First, melt the butter and then mix in the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Then toss your pumpkin seeds in the mixture until evenly coated. Preheat your oven to 350* F. 



While your oven is heating up, spread out your now wet seeds over a cookie sheet. Preferably with a small edge. 


Stick them in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Watch carefully towards the end, cuz I think I left mine in a minute or two too long. 



Then- ENJOY!!!



Comments

Popular Posts